- This is more of a method than a recipe- leaving it to your preference for thickness.
- Also try it with pumpkin seeds for creamy green condiment.
- Makes a nice dip for raw veggies, or a dairy-free creamy condiment to garnish soups.
Ingredients (Sunflower filling)
sunflower or pumpkin seeds or raw cashews (½ cup dry seeds yields about 1 ½- 2 cups of cream)
water for soaking
water for blending
salt and lemon juice to taste
optional others- garlic, herbs, chipotle peppers
Example: for ‘ranch’ dressing/ dip, use some fresh or dried dill, minced or grated garlic and quite a bit of lemon juice with sunflower seeds or cashews.
optional- for a creamier texture drizzle a little olive oil into the blender at the end of processing
1 recipe sunflower cashew cream (I used the dill and lemon ‘ranch’ flavour option)*One recipe of the sunflower cream is enough for about 4 wraps
purple carrot, grated
beets, raw, grated or Rainbow’Kraut
cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Soak the sunflower seeds on the counter or in the fridge in plenty of water and a dash of apple cider vinegar for at least a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.
- Drain and rinse the seeds.
- Put them in the blender with just enough water to make a smooth cream, or thinner if you want to use this as more of a dressing.
- Season with salt and enough lemon juice that you can taste the sour.
- Add optional flavorings.
- For a richer cream, drizzle some olive oil in as it blends.
- Spread the sauce into grain wrap and add all the other ingredients.