Makes 6-8 fat burgers
Here is the recipe that hundreds of customers have wanted for us to share from radha eatery in Vancouver. Sadly, the eatery is no longer, so I thought I should share this with you to make at home!
The ingredient list looks extensive, so I usually double it and freeze some. They cook from frozen as well, bake at 350F for about 1 hour or until firm.
2 sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 onions, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 Tbsp miso
¼ cup tahini
2 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce (use g/f tamari for g/f option!)
¾ cups quinoa, cooked with 3 cups water – or 4 cups cooked quinoa
* If you soak your quinoa first, drain and use 2 ¼ cups water to cook it. It is meant to be a bit wet for this recipe)
1 cup almonds, toasted and ground finely
1/4 med. to large zucchini, grated
1 cup carrots or yams, grated
¼ cup parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup kamut or spelt flour (or use brown rice flour for G/F option)
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 ½ tsp paprika
scant 1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
- Slowly cook items in list#1 in olive oil.
- Once onions are translucent, blend in food processor with ingredients from list#2.
- Assemble ingredients from list #3 in a separate (big) bowl and stir to combine.
- Add wet to dry and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes on parchment-lined baking tray
- Serve in a sprouted grain bun with fun condiments and enjoy!