Sunflower oil, for sautéing
2 large starchy (russet or table) potatoes, peeled and chopped (or try sweet potatoes).
1 onion, chopped
1 head garlic, roasted
1 bunch of broccoli (2 heads). Cut into florets, stems peeled and chopped)
Stock or water, to just cover. Start with 1 ½ liters and add more if needed after blending.
2/3 cup ages, organic white cheddar cheese (shredded)
Lemon zest and a few drops of juice to season
Sea salt to taste and/OR miso in lieu of some of the salt
- Cook potatoes and onion in oil until onions are translucent and smell divine
- Cook until potatoes can be pierced by a knife. (Adding a little water or wine to de-glaze if it is sticking to the bottom of the pot)
- Add stock or water and garlic and bring to a simmer
- When potatoes are totally cooked, cool slightly, season to taste and blend until mostly smooth. NOW add your broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season the soup with lemon zest/juice, add the cheddar at the last minute and enjoy!