I developed this tasty salty snack at radha yoga & eatery when we decided to greet our guests with a little nibble to whet their appetites for their meal.
1L ( 4 cups) pumpkin seeds, soaked for at least 8 hours, or overnight, drained and rinsed.
2/3 cup nutritional yeast
3 Tbsp dried or fresh dill
3 ½ tsp paprika ( or sweet smoked paprika if you want a smokey flavour!)
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Soak pumpkin seeds for at least 4 hours to overnight in plenty of water with a touch of apple cider vinegar.
- You can soak them at room temp or in the fridge.
- Drain and rinse the seeds.
- In a big bowl, add seasoning to pumpkin seeds and stir to combine.
- Spread a thin layer of seeds onto dehydrator racks and dehydrate until dry, about 8- 10 hours.
- Don’t have a dehydrator? Alternatively, roast on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper in an oven at 325-350F, turning them from time to time until browned. (Parchment paper will help keep them from burning and being a real pain for clean-up!). This method will take about 25 minutes, turning them every 5-10 minutes to cook evenly.